SOURCES SOUGHT: Whiteriver Administration Office Building
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is conducting a SOURCES SOUGHT/REQUEST FOR INFORMATION as outlined in FAR 15.201(c)(3) to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities, and qualifications of firms especially small businesses including: Native American/Indian-Owned Businesses (Indian Economic Enterprise (IEE)), 8(a) Certified Small Businesses, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB-Zone) Small Businesses, Women Owned Small Businesses, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), and Veteran Owned Small Businesses.
Interested firms are requested to reply to this announcement with a submittal as described below. Please note that a decision not to submit a response to this RFI will not preclude a vendor from participating in any future solicitation.
NO PROPOSALS ARE BEING REQUESTED OR ACCEPTED WITH THIS RFI. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS. Respondents will NOT be notified of the results of this notice. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this notice or any follow-up information requested.
Market Research is being performed pursuant to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 10 to identify businesses capable of performing the functions described herein.
SUMMARY OF SCOPE
The purpose of this project is for a contractor to construct a new 14,557 square foot single story, wood framed administration office building on the Whiteriver Indian Hospital campus in Whiteriver AZ. The project has been designed by a professional A/E firm and construction documents will be available in any future solicitation.
In accordance with FAR 36.204, Disclosure of the Magnitude of Construction Projects, the anticipated project magnitude is between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000.
The type of work to be performed will be categorized under PSC code Y1DA, Construction of Hospitals and Infirmaries and NAICS code 236220, Commercial and Institutional Building Construction with a size standard of $39.5 million.
RESPONSES – SUBMITTAL
Responses to this notice must be emailed to Kelly Britton at Kelly.Britton@ihs.gov and must be received no later than 2:00 pm MST, January 19, 2023. Responses must include:
- Company Information: Company name, website, physical address, SAM UEI code
- Point of Contact: Contact name, phone number, and E-mail address
- If a solicitation is issued, will your firm/company be submitting a proposal? Indicate Yes or No
- Type of Business: Native American-owned (IEE/ISBEE)** (see below), SBA certified 8(a), SBA Certified HUB Zone, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), and/or Small Businesses (SB). For more information on the definitions or requirements for these small business programs, refer to http://www.sba.gov.
- Bond Capacity: Information on the firm’s bonding capability – specifically identify single and aggregate bonding capacities.
- Experience Submission Requirements: Submit at least two (2) but no more than five (5) projects completed by your firm within the last seven (7) years that are similar to the work that will be required under this project. Firms shall include the following information:
- Indicate whether Prime Contractor or Subcontractor for each project submitted;
- Dates of construction for each project submitted;
- Contract value, location, completion date, and complexity of job for each project submitted;
- Indicate whether the project is a federal, state, tribal or other for each project submitted; and
- Project references/Agency point of contact (telephone number and email address) for each project submitted.
**For Indian owned businesses ONLY, the contractor shall complete and submit the following two (2) Attachments:
A. Attachment 1: IHS IEE Representation Form (Jan 2022) along with the controlling enterprise’s Tribal enrollment/certificate of Degree of Indian Blood documentation. Please note that there shall be no personally identifiable information (PII), such as social security numbers, included in the documentation submitted. Any PII shall be redacted prior to submission.
B. Attachment 2: IEE Self-Performance Worksheet. Per the definition of an IEE (HHSAR 326.601), “the Indians or Indian Tribes must, together, receive at least a majority of the earnings from the contract”; therefore, IEEs shall demonstrate the ability to allocate at least 51% of the earnings to one or more Indians or Indian Tribal entities.
All information received in response to this source sought that is marked proprietary will be handled accordingly.
Questions regarding this sources sought may be emailed to Kelly Britton at Kelly.Britton@ihs.gov.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: Y1DA – CONSTRUCTION OF HOSPITALS AND INFIRMARIES
- NAICS Code: 236220 – Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
- Place of Performance: Whiteriver , AZ 85941 USA