SOURCES SOUGHT: USCG Base Alameda Material and Waste Management Services
This is not a request for proposal. We are seeking sources that can satisfy a follow-on requirement for USCG Base Alameda Material and Waste Management Services, Alameda, CA. The existing contract, awarded under HSCG84-17-C-AA1528 ends 31 May 2022. The period of performance for the new contract is anticipated to be 1 June 2022 through 31 May 2027. The following acquisition is anticipated to be a Firm Fixed Price contract. The North American Industrial Classification Code (NAICS) is 562112 for Hazardous Waste Collection applies with a size standard of $41.5 Million. The requirements of the Service Contract Labor Standard and Construction Wage Rate Requirements apply. More definite information concerning the site visit and pre-proposal conference will be included in the solicitation which is anticipated to be released in late winter of 2022.
The Material and Waste Management Services will require a contractor to provide materials and waste management on Coast Guard Island, utilizing Building 42 as the Central Material and Waste Management Area in accordance with all Federal, State, and local regulations Building 42 includes hazardous material storage lockers, refuse and recycling dumpsters, 90 day hazardous waste storage, universal waste storage, eWaste dumpsters, empty container storage, administrative office area, and supporting equipment The Contractor shall support the Coast Guard with trained and experienced personnel fully proficient and capable of completing the tasks required by this contract. The Contractor shall provide the proper mix of personnel to provide the most efficient and effective engineering services and all support to meet the requirements listed in this PWS.
Telephone responses will NOT be accepted. Responses are requested by 17 January 2022 at 4:00 pm PST and may be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information in your response:
1. A capability statement that explains what type of work your company has experience performing. Please provide information on whether your company can fill all of the requirements described above or if only interested in a portion of it. If only interested in a portion, please be specific on what services identified above are applicable. Also, please be sure to list your business size status, for example whether your company is a small business, 8(a), HUBZONE, women owned, small disadvantaged business, veteran owned, large business, etc.
Please provide any suggestions on how to combine types of work to achieve the best results for the government.
2. Past performance in this area including:
Contract Number, type of contract
Length of contract
Customer: (Agency or business), Contact information including name, address, telephone no. & email address
Description of work
Contract Dollar Value:
Date of Award and Completion (including extensions)
Type and Extent of Subcontracting
Quality of Performance, Contract Schedule, and Customer Relations
Problems encountered and corrective action taken
3. Does your company currently employ union personnel? What experience do you have dealing with a union? Have you ever had a collective bargaining agreement with a union?
4. Recommendations on handling of work that cannot be easily quantified.
5. Any best practices from previous contracts that may be relevant.
The solicitation will be released at the SAM.gov website at a future date. Interested parties should register on SAM.gov.
This notice is for market research purposes only and does not constitute a Request For Proposal; and it is not considered to be a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. The Government reserves the right to consider a small business, 8(a) or any other set-aside arrangement as deemed appropriate for this procurement. No basis for claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response.
- Original Set Aside: 8(a) Sole Source (FAR 19.8)
- Product Service Code: S222 – HOUSEKEEPING- WASTE TREATMENT/STORAGE
- NAICS Code: 562112 – Hazardous Waste Collection
- Place of Performance: Alameda , CA 94501 USA
- Original Response Date: Jan 17, 2022 04:00 pm EST