SOURCES SOUGHT: REPAIR AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE B1455 FOR MH-139 BEDDOWN
A market survey is being conducted to determine if there are a reasonable number of interested small business concerns to set this future project aside for them. If your firm is a Small Business, certified HUBZone, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business and you are interested in this project please respond appropriately.
Project Location: Maxwell AFB, Montgomery, AL
Project Title: REPAIR AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE B1455 FOR MH-139 BEDDOWN
PN: QS21B1455/ P2 #: 496395
Project Description: Project is a Design Bid Build project to include the renovation of the nose bay of Building 1455 and includes the adjacent administration area to accommodate the simulator mission. Current Square Footage is approximately 21,000 square feet. Renovations to Building 1455 involves the demolishing of the existing one-story storage area at the southeast corner of hangar area; renovating existing one-story storage area at northeast corner of hangar area into three multipurpose rooms; constructing an addition on east side of hangar area for mission planning and TSG (simulator maintenance) on the first floor; constructing two interior stairs and an elevator; constructing OFT computer rooms, and CPT and weapons procedural trainer (WPT) training rooms, as well as building support spaces; constructing a second floor with multipurpose, mission planning, EDS training rooms, TSG, as well as building support spaces and mechanical mezzanine(s); and constructing a building addition to the one-story portion of the building to accommodate all of the administrative position requirements. This project includes required cybersecurity. This project includes all mechanical, electrical, civil, and structural repairs for a complete and usable facility. Sustainable principles, to include life cycle cost-effective practices, will be integrated into the design, development, and construction of the project in accordance with UFC 1-200-02.
Contract duration is estimated at 450 calendar days. The estimated cost range is between $5,000,000 and $10,000,000 in accordance with FAR 36.204. NAICS code is 236220. All interested Small Businesses, certified HUBZONE, 8A, Woman-Owned Small Business or Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Business contractors should respond to this survey via email by Tuesday, 29 November 2022 by 10:00 AM Eastern Time.
Responses should include:
- Identification and verification of the company’s small business status.
- Contractor’s Unique Entity Identifier (UEI)) and CAGE Code(s).
- Documentation from the firm’s bonding company showing current single and aggregate performance and payment bond limits.
- Description of Experience – Provide descriptions for your firm’s past experience on up to three (3) projects with greater than 95% construction complete or those projects completed within the last five years which are similar to this project in size and scope. Provide documentation demonstrating experience for construction of similar type buildings and managing multiple sub-contractors. Demonstrate experience including self-performing 15% of the construction. Provide documentation demonstrating experience for projects of similar type projects. Each project must include the name, title, project role, e-mail address, and telephone number of at least one reference. References may be used to verify project size, scope, dollar value, percentages and quality of performance.
- Projects similar in Scope to this project included: Projects considered similar in scope to this project include renovation and/or new construction of multi-story industrial spaces that include hangar, administrative areas, and/or storage areas. Construction of pre-engineered buildings is not considered similar and does not count toward a project of similar scope or size.
- Projects similar in size to this project include: Projects similar in size will include projects with new construction and/or renovation of multi-story industrial spaces that include hangar, administrative areas, and/or storage areas of at least 15,000 SF
- Based on definitions above, for each project submitted include:
- Current percentage of construction complete and the date when it was or will be completed.
- Size of the project
- Scope of the project.
- Dollar value of the project.
- The portion and percentage of work that was self-performed. Describe the work your company self-performed. Must be at least 15% self-performed.
- Identify whether the project was design-build or design-bid-build
- Provide 2 references from the project sites that were submitted
- Small Businesses are reminded under FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting; they must perform at least 15% of the cost of the contract, not including the cost of materials, with the firm’s own employees for general construction-type procurement. Include the percentage of work that will be self-performed on this project, and how it will be accomplished.
NOTE: Total submittal package shall be no longer than 8 pages. Please only include a narrative of the requested information; additional information will not be reviewed.
Email responses and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is NOT a Request for Proposal and does not constitute any commitment by the Government. Responses to this sources sought notice will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. All interested sources must respond to future solicitation announcements separately for responses to this market survey.
NOTICE: The following information is provided for situational awareness and is not required to respond to this Sources Sought.
All contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (www.SAM.gov) prior to award of a contract. All proposed contractors are highly encouraged to review FAR Clause 52.232-33 Payments by Electronic Funds Transfer – System for Award Management, which indicates “All payments by the Government under this contract shall be made by electronic funds transfer (EFT).” Those not currently registered can obtain registration by going to the website http://www.SAM.gov. The process can usually be completed from 24 to 48 hours after submission. Contractors will need to obtain a Unique Entity Identifier (formerly DUNS number) for processing their registration. If you do not already have a Unique Entity Identifier, one can be obtained from http://www.SAM.gov. Refer to www.SAM.gov for information formerly found in CCR, EPLS, ORCA and FedReg.
Please begin the registration process immediately in order to avoid delay of the contract award should your firm be selected.
ALERT: You must submit a notarized letter appointing the authorized Entity Administrator before your registration will be activated. This requirement now applies to both new and existing entities. Effective 29 April 2018, the notarized letter process is now mandatory on all CURRENT registrants at SAM who have a requirement to update data on their SAM record. The notarized letter is mandatory and is required before the GSA Federal Service Desk (FSD) will activate the entity’s registration.
Effective 29 June 2018, vendors creating or updating their registration can have their registration activated prior to the approval of the required notarized letter. However, the signed copy of the notarized letter must be sent to the GSA Federal Service Desk (FSD) within 30 days of activation or the vendor risks no longer being active in SAM.
Vendors can check whether an account is active by performing a query by their CAGE or Unique Entity Identifier (known as DUNS). The new registration process may now take several weeks, so vendors are highly encouraged to begin registering as soon as possible to avoid any possible delays in future contract awards. Remember, there is no cost to use SAM.
To find out additional information about the changes of the SAM registration process, contractors should visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link located at the top of the SAM homepage (www.sam.gov).
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: Z2BZ – REPAIR OR ALTERATION OF OTHER AIRFIELD STRUCTURES
- NAICS Code: 236220 – Commercial and Institutional Building Construction
- Place of Performance: AL USA