SOURCES SOUGHT: REFUSE and Recycling Collection and Disposal for USCG Eighth District
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE (not a pre-solicitation notice pursuant to FAR Part 5) to determine the capability of potential sources and the availability of commercial sources pursuant to FAR Part 10.
This notice is issued by the U.S. Coast Guard Director of Operational Logistics (DOL-94), Alameda, CA, to identify qualified sources capable of providing REFUSE AND RECYCLING COLLECTION AND DISPOSAL SERVICES to be performed for the Eighth U. S. Coast Guard District that consists of 26 states.
The potential requirement is for a base year period plus four (4) one-year option periods, if exercised by the Government. The base performance period is anticipated to begin 1 June 2023.
The contractor shall furnish all labor, supplies, material, equipment, transportation and supervision necessary to perform these services at the USCG unit/station/location.
Various type of REFUSE container sizes (open top and cover) ranges from 4-cubic yard (cy), 6-cubic yard (cy), 8-cubic yard (cy), 20-cubic yard (cy), and 30-cubic yard (cy); and various types of RECYCLING container sizes (open top and cover) include 4-cubic yard (cy), 6-cubic yard (cy), and 8-cubic yard (cy).
The business category of the sources sought include small business, veteran-owned small business (VOSB), service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses (SDVOSB), HUBZone small business, small disadvantaged business, women-owned small business (WOSB) and large business concerns.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 562111 – Solid Waste Collection with a small business annual revenue size standard of $41.5M.
All required licenses and or certification required for the different States must be identified with the response to the Sources Sought Notice along with any other required information.
Contractors that have the capabilities necessary to provide the stated services are invited to contribute to this market survey/sources sought by providing commercial market and company information.
Interested contractors should include the following information:
1. Name of company, address, and Unique Entity ID (UEI) number.
2. Point-of-contact name, phone number and email address
3. Business Size (small business, veteran-owned small business, service-disable small business, HUBZone, 8(a), small disadvantaged business, woman-owned or large business).
4. CAPABILITY STATEMENT and PAST PERFORMANCE INFORMATION that demonstrates the ability to perform these types of services. Past performance information shall include recent and relevant contracts for the same or similar services and other references (including contract numbers, points of contact with telephone numbers/email addresses and other relevant information). Past performance information should be at least three (3) contracts, ongoing or completed within the last three (3) years for like or similar services held with the U.S. Coast Guard, other Government agencies or private industry.
Interested parties must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) as prescribed in FAR Clause 52.232-33. SAM access can be obtained by accessing https://sam.gov.
This notice is for market research purposes only and does not constitute a Request for Quote or Request for Proposal. It is not considered to be a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited.
Competition and set-aside decisions may be based on the results of this market research. Failure to submit information in sufficient detail may result in not considering the company as a viable source.
The Government reserves the right to consider a small business, 8(a), other set-aside, or any business arrangement as deemed appropriate for this procurement. No basis for claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this Sources Sought Notice or Government use of any information provided.
It is the Coast Guard’s intent to issue a separate solicitation in the near future, to be synopsized on System for Award Management Electronic Posting System at https://sam.gov. It is the potential offer’s responsibility to monitor this avenue for release of any future synopsis or solicitation announcements.
At this time, no solicitation exists; therefore, DO NOT REQUEST A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION.
Any interested firm capable of providing these services is requested to respond to the Contract Specialist Yvett Garcia, via e-mail to email@example.com by 8am PST on Friday, December 23, 2022.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: S205 – HOUSEKEEPING- TRASH/GARBAGE COLLECTION
- NAICS Code: 562111 – Solid Waste Collection
- Place of Performance: USA