SOURCES SOUGHT: Installation of Oil Monitoring Instruments
This is a SOURCES SOUGHT and is for informational/market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION, OR BID, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2.
2. Contract Information.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Northwestern Division, Portland District (CENWP) has been tasked to install new oil monitoring equipment at The Dallas Power Station.
The purpose of this Sources Sought is to gain knowledge of the interest, capabilities, and qualifications of industry, to include: Large Business, Small Business, Small Disadvantaged Businesses to include 8(a) certified small business firms, Historically Underutilized Business Zone small business (HUBZone), Woman owned Small Business (WOSB), including Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). All are highly encouraged to respond.
3. Capability Statements
Contractors are requested to submit a statement demonstrating their ability to install new oil sensors in a functioning power station.
- Experience or capability in calibrating large oil tanks (500 to 11,000 gallons) to new sensors.
- Experience or capability in installing and calibrating sensors, flow meters, and totalizers.
- Experience or capability in installing and commissioning remote input/output devices, PLCs, historians, local networks, and HMIs.
- Experience or capability installing complex oil level equipment in industrial facilities currently in operation.
- Experience in managing a complex oil monitoring installation through a complex sequence of work.
4. Project Background.
The Dalles Dam is located in The Dalles Or. The Dalles Dam is a concrete-gravity run-of-the-river dam spanning the Columbia River, two miles east of the city of The Dalles, Oregon, United States. It joins Wasco County, Oregon with Klickitat County, Washington, 300 miles upriver from the mouth of the Columbia near Astoria, Oregon. The project is designed to improve the monitoring of the amount of oil that could be released into the Columbia river. Its main objective is to minimize the oil release. The anticipate contract value is between 1 to 5 million dollars.
5. Submission Instructions:
Responses to this Sources Sought notice must be submitted electronically (via email) to Andrea.K.Smothers@usace.army.mil SUBJECT: TDA Oil Accountability
A Firm’s response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to (5) pages and shall include the following information:
a. Firm’s name, address, point of contact, phone number, email address, CAGE and DUNS numbers, and include the Construction Bonding Level per contract.
b. Firm’s small business category and Business Size: Large Business, Small Business, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a) certified small business, Historically Underutilized Business Zone small business (HUBZone), Woman owned small business (WOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Women-owned small business (EDWOSB), and Service-Disabled Veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB).
c. Provide relevant and verifiable information on the Firm’s experience/capabilities as it pertains to the proposed work outlined above.
6. Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow-up information. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization’s qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or to provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses, a solicitation may be published in the Government point of entry (beta.SAM.gov). All interested firms must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of a Government contract.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: N036 – INSTALLATION OF EQUIPMENT- SPECIAL INDUSTRY MACHINERY
- NAICS Code: 213112 – Support Activities for Oil and Gas Operations
- Place of Performance: The Dalles , OR 97058 USA