SOURCES SOUGHT: Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Hydrologic Engineering Services
1. General. This is a SOURCES SOUGHT and is for informational/market research purposes only. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, QUOTATION OR BID, NOR A SYNOPSIS OF A PROPOSED CONTRACT ACTION UNDER FAR SUBPART 5.2.
USACE is seeking additional resources. If a firm responded to the February 2022 Sources Sought and does not have additional information, beyond what was submitted earlier this year, that they would like USACE to consider as part of its research, no additional response is required
2. Contract Information: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Northwestern Division, Portland District (CENWP) has been tasked to identify interest in a Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Hydrologic Engineering Services, A-E Single Award Task Order Contract (SATOC). This Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract will be procured in accordance with the Brooks Act and implemented in FAR Subpart 36.6. The official synopsis for a proposed contract action will be posted on SAM.gov and will provide information on material to be submitted.
CENWP is conducting market research for an anticipated A-E service and intends to award one (1) IDIQ contract with a five-year ordering period. The proposed project will be a competitive firm-fixed price contract with a contract capacity estimated at $10,000,000.00. The estimated minimum task order amount is $5,000 and the estimated maximum task order amount will not exceed the contract amount.
Responses to this Sources Sought announcement will be used by the Government to make, if appropriate, a small business set-aside acquisition strategy decision. This Sources Sought is intended to gain knowledge of the interest, capabilities, and qualifications of the small business members of the industry.
3. SCOPE OF WORK. This is primarily a hydraulic and hydrologic (H&H) Single Award Task Order Contract (SATOC). Services required in this contract fall generally into the following broad categories:
Hydraulic and Coastal Design.
- Hydraulic design for juvenile and adult fish passage, spillways, outlet works, and navigation locks.
- Physical Model Studies for juvenile and adult fish passage, spillways, outlet works, and navigation locks.
- Numerical Modeling for juvenile and adult fish passage, spillways, outlet works, and navigation locks, including 2 and 3 dimensional analysis.
- Prototype testing for juvenile and adult fish passage, spillways, outlet works, and navigation locks.
- Coastal engineering including coastal processes analysis, sedimentation analysis, and coastal structure design.
Reservoir Regulation, Water and Sediment Quality.
- Water and sediment quality sampling, modeling, analysis, and testing in conjunction with A-E efforts.
River and Hydrologic Engineering.
- Hydrologic analyses including precipitation, runoff, water supply, reservoir analysis, and statistical relationships.
- River engineering and floodplain analysis, sediment yield and transport analysis, and associated numerical modeling.
- Hydrologic climate change evaluations.
- Hydrographic (single-beam and multi-beam sonar) and topographic (land survey, photogrammetry, and/or LiDAR) surveys to support H&H modeling in conjunction with H&H AE contract.
Additional information can be found in the included DRAFT Statement of Work
Note: The Government may consider the relevant experience and past performance of key individuals and predecessor companies in evaluating the company’s ability to perform this requirement when making procurement decisions
North American Industrial Classification Code (NAICS): 541330, Engineering Services;
Size Standard: $16.5M;
Federal Service Code (FSC): C211 – A&E General Services
Point of Contact for small business questions or assistance in the Portland District is the Deputy for Small Business, Carol McIntyre at 503-808-4602 or Carol.A.McIntyre@usace.army.mil.
4. Submission Instructions. Responses to this Sources Sought notice must be submitted electronically (via email) Subject: W9127N22R0017, Hydrology, Hydraulics, and Hydrologic Engineering Services. Please send to Cory Pfenning, Contract Specialist, at email@example.com by 2:00pm Pacific Standard Time 18 October 2022.
A firm’s response to this Sources Sought shall be limited to 10 pages and shall include the following information
- Firm’s name, address, point of contact, phone number, e-mail address, CAGE and SAM UID, and the Construction Bonding Level per contract.
- Firm’s small business category and Business Size: Small Business, Small Disadvantaged, 8(a) firm, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone), Economically Disadvantaged Women-Owned Small Business (EDWOSB), and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small business (SDVOSB).
- Provide relevant information on the Firm’s experience/Capabilities as it pertains to the proposed work outlined in the Scope of Work.
- Provide a minimum of one project similar in size, scope, and complexity with a brief description of the project, customer name, timeliness of performance, contract number, customer satisfaction and the dollar value. The Government may verify information in CPARS or PPIRS.
5. Disclaimer and Important Notes. This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this Sources Sought or any follow up information. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization’s qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or to provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses a solicitation may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
All interested firms must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) at https://www.sam.gov and remain current for the duration of the contract to be eligible for award of a government contract.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: C211 – ARCHITECT AND ENGINEERING- GENERAL: LANDSCAPING, INTERIOR LAYOUT, AND DESIGNING
- NAICS Code: 541330 – Engineering Services
- Place of Performance: Portland , OR USA