SOURCES SOUGHT: Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
This is a Sources Sought notice. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations. Pursuant to 48 CFR Part 326, Subpart 326.603-3 and IHM 5.5-6, Indian Health Service must use the negotiation authority of the Buy Indian Act, 25 U.S.C. 47, to give preference to Indian Economic Enterprises (IEE) whenever the use of that authority is authorized and practicable.
The Government is seeking to identify Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises (ISBEEs) capable of performing the below Indian Health Services (IHS) requirement. Any vendor responding to this notice should submit their capability statement as well as the Buy Indian Act Indian Economic Enterprise Representation Form (attached). Instructions for submission are outlined below.
INDIAN ECONOMIC ENTERPRISE (IEE):
Any business activity owned by one or more Indians, Federally Recognized Indian Tribes, or Alaska Native Corporations provided that:
- The combined Indian, Federally Recognized Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Corporation ownership of the enterprise constitutes not less than 51%;
- The Indian, Federal Recognized Indian Tribes, or Alaska Native Corporations must, together, receive at least 51% of the earnings from the contract; and
- The management and daily business operations must be controlled by one or more individuals who are Indians
DESCRIPTION OF REQUIREMENT
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Seeking 2 (FTE) schedules to be covered by either
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
621910 – Ambulance Services
Size Standard: $20.0 million
One (1) Year with Four (4) Optional Years
The Contractor EMS provider will be scheduled to work 12-hour shifts, typically followed by a 12-hour period of on-call status. Shifts may be:
- day-shift (0700 – 1900)
- night shift (1900 – 0700),
- or a scheduled mid-day shift.
The contractor EMS provider will be scheduled for at least 36 hours during the first week and approximately 48 hours during week 2 of each 14 day scheduled tour of duty.
Unrestricted Montana Emergency Medical Technician License for EMTs
Unrestricted Montana Paramedic License
INSTRUCTIONS TO INDUSTRY
ISBEEs are highly encouraged to respond to this notice. However, firms must also understand that generic capability statements are not sufficient for effective evaluation of their capacity and capability to perform the work required. To be considered a capable source, responses must directly demonstrate the company’s capability, experience, and ability to provide EMS as supported by below:
Your Response Shall Include, but not limited to:
- Number of years of experience in providing Medical Staffing
- List of past jobs/contracts of placing EMS staff
- The abilities your company possesses for recruiting/finding medical staff
- Demonstrate how your company meets the definition for Indian Economic Enterprise (IEE) in consideration to this requirement: NAICS 621910 as 100% set-aside for Indian Small Business Economic Enterprises.
If you are interested in this contracting opportunity, please respond by email to: Kenneth.email@example.com
Submit the capability response as instructed above and include a copy of the Buy Indian Act Indian Economic Enterprise Representation Form. It is recommended to include the sources sought ID in the subject line. Sources Sought Notice ID: SS-75H709-FB23Q-001. Valid responses received to this notice will assist in determining the acquisition strategy of the requirement.
- Original Set Aside: Buy Indian Set-Aside (specific to Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Services)
- Product Service Code: Q999 – MEDICAL- OTHER
- NAICS Code: 621910 – Ambulance Services
- Place of Performance: Harlem , MT 59526 USA