SOURCES SOUGHT: Construction Management, Inspection, Surveying, and Testing (CMIST-2)
NASA Glenn Research Center (GRC) is hereby soliciting information from potential sources for Construction Management, Facility Management, Surveying, and Life Safety Code Compliance. See attached DRAFT Statement of Work (SOW).
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) (GRC) is seeking capability statements from all interested parties, including all socioeconomic categories of Small Businesses and Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU)/Minority Institutions (MI), and members of the underserved communities as defined by Executive Order 13985, Advancing Racial Equity And Support For Underserved Communities Through The Federal Government, for the purposes of determining the appropriate level of competition and/or small business subcontracting goals for Construction Management, Inspection, Surveying & Testing (CMIST -2) procurement. The Government reserves the right to consider a Small, 8(a), Women-owned (WOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran (SD-VOSB), Economically Disadvantaged Women-owned Small Business (EDWOSB) or HUBZone business set-aside based on responses received.
This requirement is a follow-on to the previous COMETS contract 80GRC018C0022, excluding the environmental portion which will not be included in the CMIST-2 re-compete. The types of services include but aren’t limited to construction management, facility management, surveying, and life safety code compliance.
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 541330 – $16.5M to $22.5M size standard.
No solicitation exists; therefore, do not request a copy of the solicitation. If a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on SAM.gov. Interested firms are responsible for monitoring this website for the release of any solicitation or synopsis.
Interested firms having the required capabilities necessary to meet the above requirement described herein should submit a capability statement of no more than 10 pages indicating the ability to perform all aspects of the effort.
These pages shall consist of the following:
1. GENERAL INFORMATION: Briefly describe your company and the types of services performed. Please also include: the names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers for any points of contacts (POCs), the company’s address, CAGE Code/DUNS number, and the type of business demographic that applies (i.e., small business, large business, women- owned).
2. PAST PERFORMANCE: The Offeror shall also provide contract information on similar contracts over the past three (3) years. This information shall include: the name of customer/agency, types of services provided, type of contract, total contract value, and whether the contractor was a prime or subcontract. If subcontract, please provide details regarding prime contract and your company’s role in supporting the prime contractor. In addition, please provide any examples about your company’s capabilities to quickly and efficiently staff to rapidly changing requirements.
3. CAPABILITIES: Information describing your company’s capabilities to meet the requirements contained in this Sources Sought Notice.
4. COMMENTS and RECOMMENDATIONS for the most effective incentive/performance criteria (if different from the current approach). Further, describe both risks and mitigations the Government should consider.
6. DESCRIPTION of the type of information needed about the existing requirements that would be helpful for submitting a credible proposal.
Additionally, in support of the Executive Order (EO) 13985, Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government, NASA is seeking to advance equity or remove barriers for members of underserved communities related to this requirement. As defined in the EO, Underserved Communities refers to populations sharing a particular characteristic, as well as geographic communities, that have been systematically denied a full opportunity to participate in aspects of economic, social, and civic life, as exemplified by the list in the preceding definition of “equity.” Equity means the consistent and systematic fair, just, and impartial treatment of all individuals, including individuals who belong to underserved communities that have been denied such treatment, such as Black, Latino, and Indigenous and Native American persons, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other persons of color; members of religious minorities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) persons; persons with disabilities; persons who live in rural areas; and persons otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality.
NASA seeks input in the following areas:
1. To support the requirements identified in this request for information (RFI)/sources sought notification, what barriers or opportunities exist to engage subject matter experts from industry and academia and how can those barriers be overcome? How can underserved communities be leveraged?
2. To support the requirements identified in this RFI, what barriers or opportunities exist to partner with subcontractors that employ members of underserved communities, as defined above?
3. What other recommendations would you make to enhance diversity and inclusion?
4. What should be considered to encourage full participation and contribution of organizations and individuals (e.g., outreach efforts and innovative partnerships) in performance of this requirement?
ll responses shall be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 21, 2022, at 12:00pm EST. Please reference 80GRC023CA001 in any response.
This synopsis is for information and planning purposes only and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government nor will the Government pay for information solicited. Respondents will not be notified of the results of the evaluation.
- Original Set Aside: 8(a) Set-Aside (FAR 19.8)
- Product Service Code: R408 – SUPPORT- PROFESSIONAL: PROGRAM MANAGEMENT/SUPPORT
- NAICS Code: 541330 – Engineering Services
- Place of Performance: Cleveland , OH 44135 USA