SOURCES SOUGHT: 6515–Research Microscopes
THIS REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) IS ISSUED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION AND PLANNING PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION. THE SUBMISSION OF PRICING, CAPABILITIES FOR PLANNING PURPOSES, AND OTHER MARKET INFORMATION IS HIGHLY ENCOURAGED AND ALLOWED UNDER THIS RFI IN ACCORDANCE WITH (IAW) FAR 15.201(e).
DISCLAIMER This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes only and does not constitute a solicitation. All information received in response to this RFI that is marked as proprietary will be handled accordingly. IAW FAR 15.201(e), responses to this notice are not offers and cannot be accepted by the Government to form a binding contract. Responders are solely responsible for all expenses associated with responding to this RFI.
SOURCES SOUGHT DESCRIPTION This is NOT a solicitation announcement. This is a sources sought/RFI only. The purpose of this sources sought/RFI is to gain knowledge of potential qualified sources and their size classification relative to NAICS 339112 (size standard 1,000). Responses to this sources sought will be used by the Government to make appropriate acquisition decisions. After review of the responses to this sources sought, a solicitation announcement may be published. Responses to this sources sought synopsis are not considered adequate responses for a solicitation announcement.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), VISN 22 Network Contracting Office, is seeking sources that can provide Microscopes that meets the following salient characteristics and specifications for VA Phoenix Healthcare System. Salient Characteristics/Specification
1. MUST have Hardware/software allows for automated set up, scanning, and analysis with 3D simulated software. 3D software must include electronic optical sectioning projection element with digital pinhole control and digital 3D software integration with 3D object tracking, time tracking, and quantification methods.
2. MUST have Hardware is all-in-one inverted digital microscope system with motorized XY stage and focus Z control to 0.1um step size.
3. MUST have Hardware allows minimum of 3 slides at a time to be loaded for automated acquisition & stitching of bright field and/or fluorescence images with high intensity LED and transillumination lighting with DAPI, GFP, and TRITC filter mirror cube components.
4. MUST have Hardware/software accommodates a variety of sample formats including slides and standard tissue culture plates, dishes, and flasks.
5. MUST have Minimum of 23-inch display
6. MUST Contains a software platform that closely integrates and calibrates automated functioning of all objectives and filters for reproducibility of high resolution and density images and data products. Must have fully integrated intuitive user interface to facilitate repeatability and ease of use. Must include minimum of of 4x, 10x, 20x phase objective lenses, 40x planar apochromatic objective lens, and 60x oil planar apochromatic objective lens or more. Substitutions not allowed.
7. MUST have Equipment s analysis software combines image correction tools with powerful quantification functions, including the ability to instantly remove fluorescence blurring and enabling visualization of weak fluorescence. Also allows for high throughput high content screening and quantification of color brightfield and fluorescent images across many tissue and vessel types allowing for color extraction and advanced masking functions and automatic combining of data for large area stitched imaging.
The information identified above is intended to be descriptive, not restrictive and to indicate the quality of the supplies/services that will be satisfactory. It is the responsibility of the interested source to demonstrate to the government that the interested parties can provide the supplies/services that fulfill the required specifications. If you are interested and are capable of providing the sought out supplies/services, please provide the requested information as well as the information indicated below.
Response to this notice should include company name, address, point of contact, size of business pursuant to the following questions: (1) Please indicate the size status and representations of your business, such as but not limited to: Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB), Hubzone, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), Large Business, etc.)? (2) Is your company considered small under the NAICS code identified under this RFI? (3) Are you the manufacturer, distributor, or an equivalent solution to the items being referenced above? (4) If you are a large business, do you have any designated distributors? If so, please provide their company name, telephone, point of Contact and size status (if available). (5) If you re a small business and you are an authorized distributor/reseller for the items identified above or an equivalent solution, do you alter; assemble; modify; the items requested in any way? If you do, state how and what is altered; assembled; modified? (6) Does your company have an FSS contract with GSA or the NAC or are you a contract holder with NASA SEWP or any other federal contract? If so, please provide the contract number. (7) If you are an FSS GSA/NAC or NASA SEWP contract holder or other federal contract holder, are the items/solution you are providing information for available on your schedule/contract? (8) Please provide general pricing of your products/solution for market research purposes. (9) Please submit your capabilities in regards to the salient characteristics being provided and any information pertaining to equal to items to establish capabilities for planning purposes? (10) Please review salient characteristics/statement of work (if applicable) and provide feedback or suggestions. If none, please reply as N/A. (11) Please provide your DUNS number. (12) Please provide a list of detail requirements and drawings.
*** Submissions addressing Section (8) should show clear, compelling and convincing*** evidence that all equal to items” meet all required salient characteristics. Responses to this notice shall be submitted via email to Carlo.email@example.com. Telephone responses shall not be accepted. Responses must be received no later than Friday August 12, 2022 at 1:00 PM PST. If a solicitation is issued it shall be announced at a later date, and all interested parties must respond to that solicitation announcement separately from the responses to this request for information. Responses to this notice are not a request to be added to a prospective bidders list or to receive a copy of the solicitation.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: 6515 – MEDICAL AND SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS, EQUIPMENT, AND SUPPLIES
- NAICS Code: 339112 – Surgical and Medical Instrument Manufacturing
- Place of Performance:Department of Veterans Affiars VA Phoenix Healthcare System Phoneix , AZ 85012