Missouri Department of Social Services awarded $190.2M contract for full food services at Fort Leonard Wood
Missouri Department of Social Services, Jefferson City, Missouri, was awarded a $190,206,883 firm-fixed-price contract for full food services at Fort Leonard Wood. Bids were solicited via the internet with five received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2026. U.S. Army Field Directorate Office, Fort Sam Houston, Texas, is the contracting activity (W9124J-21-D-0002).
The Missouri Department of Social Services is responsible for coordinating programs to provide:
- Public assistance to help Missourians with food stamps, health care, child care, child support, blind services, and other basic needs
- Health care coverage for eligible Missourians
- Child welfare services to help ensure the safety, permanency, and well-being of Missouri children
- Specialized assistance to troubled youth
While many programs give needed financial assistance and services, other units work toward reducing the financial dependency of the citizens on government assistance.
The Department of Social Services also has teams dedicated to:
- Protecting the integrity of public assistance programs by combating fraud, waste and abuse
- Administering and managing Medicaid audit and compliance initiatives
- Offering support to law enforcement agencies to help protect Missouri children
The Department of Social Services is administrated by a director who is appointed by the Governor and approved by the state Senate. This department director, in turn, appoints the division directors.
There are over 6,700 budgeted employees in the department, and the Human Resource Center (HRC) guides the overall human resources management system for DSS team members. (https://dss.mo.gov/ddo/)