SOURCES SOUGHT: Clinton Health Center Emergency Generator
The purpose of this sources sought notice is to conduct market research pursuant to FAR Part 10 to gain knowledge of interest, capabilities, and qualifications of firms especially small businesses including: Native American/Indian-Owned Businesses, 8(a) Certified Small Businesses, Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUB-Zone) Small Businesses, Women Owned Small Businesses, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), and Veteran Owned Small Businesses. This notice is intended strictly for Market Research to determine if a 100% Set Aside for Indian Economic Enterprise (IEE) Firms or if a 100% Set Aside for Small business concerns can fulfill the requirements set forth in this request for information
NO PROPOSALS ARE BEING REQUESTED OR ACCEPTED WITH THIS SYNOPSIS. THIS IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR PROPOSALS. Respondents will NOT be notified of the results of this synopsis. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow-up information requested.
The government is seeking firms under the North America Industry Classification System Code (NAICS) 238210 Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors with an annual size standard of $39.5M.
In accordance with FAR 36.204, Disclosure of the Magnitude of Construction Projects, the anticipated project magnitude is between $500,000 and $1,000,000.
Description/Scope of Work:
The Department of Health and Human Services, Indian Health Service (IHS) anticipates an acquisition for the purchase and installation of a new 1,200 KW Emergency Generator the Clinton Indian Health Center at Clinton, SD.
The Contractor shall provide a full turn-key project to include the full installation of a new 1,200KW Emergency Generator system to be combined with the existing 125 KW Generator System. The 1,200KW Emergency Generator unit is to include two or three individual separated breakers with one individual breaker for the existing Life Safety 200A Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) for the Emergency Power Panel EDP branch and the other two breaker for the increased emergency power for a new 1,600A ATS to be used for an Optional Emergency power branch. This 1,200KW Emergency Generator system is to allow for full emergency power during power outages to 100% service the entire facility including the HVAC and Mechanical system. The location for the installation of the new 1,200KW Emergency Generator unit is to be in the open ground area where the existing 125KW Generator unit is currently installed. Contractor is to provide a poured concrete pad for the 1,200KW Generator unit, to be level and the below ground area fully compacted.
The 1,200KW Emergency Generator System is to include the 1,200KW generator, 1,600A Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS), remote annunciator, system controls, electrical panels, transformer, disconnects, breakers, electrical conduit and wiring, and all electrical modification to the existing electrical system for the added increased emergency power to be used as an Optional Emergency power branch. Project also includes Direct Digital Controls (DDC) integration and Building Automation System (BAS) programming of the Emergency Generator System replacement System to BAS system. The BAS graphics and programming is to include the generator unit controller display Modbus and BACnet points for status operational running and monitoring conditions and the generator electrical power monitoring and historical trending readings.
Interested PRIME CONTRACTORS are invited to submit a capabilities statement/narrative demonstrating the firm’s experience in construction projects of a similar nature as described above. The submittal shall be no longer than ten (10) pages and shall include the following information:
1. Company Information: Provide your firms contact information to include SAMuei, cage code, name, address, and point of contact with verifiably correct telephone number and email address.
2. LOCATION: Indicate whether your firm has experience in remote locations, such as this projects’ location.
3. Indicate if a solicitation is issued, will your firm/company be submitting a proposal (Yes/No)
4. Type of Business: Native American-owned, SBA certified 8(a), SBA Certified HUB Zone, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), Indian Economic Enterprises (IEE), and/or Small Businesses (SB). For more information on the definitions or requirements for these small business programs, refer to http://www.sba.gov.
5. Bond Capacity: Information on the firm’s bonding capability – specifically identify single and aggregate bonding capacities.
6. For Indian owned businesses, the following form shall be completed and submitted along with your firm’s response: “IHS IEE Representation Form Jan 2022” along with the controlling enterprise’s Tribal enrollment/certificate of Degree of Indian Blood documentation. Please note that there shall be no personally identifiable information (PII), such as social security numbers, included in the documentation submitted. Any PII shall be redacted prior to submission.
7. Experience Submission Requirements: Submit at least two (2) but no more than five (5) of similar projects completed within the last seven (7) years that are relevant to the work that will be required under this project. Firms shall include the following information:
a. Indicate whether Prime Contractor or Subcontractor for each project submitted;
b. Dates of construction for each project submitted;
c. Contract value, location, completion date, and complexity of job for each project submitted;
d. Indicate whether the project is a federal, state, tribal or other for each project submitted; and
e. Project references/Agency point of contact (telephone number and e-mail address) for each project submitted.
E-MAIL RESPONSES ARE REQUIRED BY AUGUST 22, 2022. Electronic versions of your submission package of ten (10) PAGES OR LESS, shall be submitted VIA E-MAIL to Matt Sanders, email: email@example.com.
QUESTIONS regarding this sources sought may be emailed to Matt Sanders, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS. This is for planning purposes only and is a market research tool to determine availability and adequacy of potential sources particularly Indian Economic Enterprises and Small Business Sources. The Government will not reimburse responders for the cost of the submittals.
- Original Set Aside:
- Product Service Code: Y1NZ – CONSTRUCTION OF OTHER UTILITIES
- NAICS Code: 238210 – Electrical Contractors and Other Wiring Installation Contractors
- Place of Performance: Clinton , OK 73601 USA