Build A Professional Capability Statement For Pennies On The Dollar!
As a beginner in federal contracting, one of the first steps you will have to take is creating a capability statement.
What is a capability statement? Essentially, it is a cross between a brochure and a resume.
As with most things, you can either do this on your own or hire someone to do it for you. If you are highly skilled in graphic design and have the time, go ahead and do it yourself. But if you are not or do not have the time, there are other ways to get a fantastic capability statement without spending more than you need to. One way, is with guru.com.
Guru.com is a freelance website. Here, you post your project and they then send it to their network of freelancers. In return, guru.com sends you prices and proposals to accomplish that said task. This process saves you time and allows you to have a rockstar capability statement at a low price.
HOW TO BUILD A PROFESSIONAL CAPABILTY STATEMENT WITH GURU.COM
- Sign up, create an account and confirm your e-mail.
- On your dashboard select “Post a Job.”
- Enter your title: “Capabilities Statement.”
- In the details section explain what you would like done.
- Google “Capabilities Statements” and download the ones you like.
- Attach them to your job posting this way everyone is on the same page of what you are looking for. Then, you can select personalization options like fonts, colors, graphics, etc. to fit your company.
- Under “Keywords” type “Graphic Design.”
- Select “Worldwide” under “Location” for this specific task.
- Under Pricing select “Fixed Price” and go with your higher option.
- $200-$350 is a good range to have a wider range of people.
- Select “Maximum” under “Exposure.”
- Select Your Deadline – 30 days from now is good.
In addition, you do NOT need to select, nor pay to feature your post for this task. After you are done with these 10 steps, you are on your way to having a professional and personalized capability statement.
Time to get to posting!
To see these steps in action and learn more, visit our YouTube Channel and watch the video below.